Saturday, January 24, 2015

1/25/15 Complete My Set?

    Chubs just discovered the Hulk at Build A Bear.  He has all the other Avengers, so it makes sense we should complete the set.  But why?  He doesn't really play with them.  Last time my folks came, my Dad almost broke a leg stepping over them and punting them around the room.  In a perfect world, they would sit on top of his comforter on a bed that is made up every morning.  The reality is that the bed gets made up about once a month when I accidentally walk in there and I'll arrange the bears in a corner of the bed.  Of course, at bedtime, the bears are sent to their normal place, the floor.
    A few years ago, my wife was aggressively collecting Barbie's.  We have three eight foot bookshelves filled with an assortment of Barbie in different outfits, and of course a couple Teresa's, cause we proud beaners.  Couldn't pass up getting "Knocked-Up" Barbie, which was quickly taken off the shelves.  There's also some other minority dolls, like Peruvian Barbie and a few Xena Warrior dolls, because why not?  The catch is that this collection will never be done.  They keep coming out with new Barbies.  I had to wave the white flag and admit defeat, specially when you see some people on TV with whole rooms and houses dedicated to a collection.  I don't want to be that guy, maybe if it was Playboy magazines...
    My question is "Do we finish a collection when we get down to 1 or 2 more pieces and the person has lost interest?  Chubs, again, this past summer wanted the Ninja Turtles from Build a Bear.  He got three before the fad wore off.  I see the fourth Turtle, Michelangelo, but sorry buddy, you didn't join quick enough.  The bus has left the station and we are in pursuit of newer and better things.
    The whole Harry Potter series just became a mess in my head.  I'm not sure if I saw and read the whole thing.  Books were being released as fast as movies, but the movies were one year behind, then the last book was split into two movies.  I know the good guys won, and that one of the Weasley  twins died, as well as Harry's owl.  I am not sure if I just read it or saw it.  Oh well...
    How about the Star Wars mess.  Naming the movies out of order is bad enough, but we have Star Wars on VHS, DVD, then improved DVD with 5 more minutes or something, and then in a box set with added commentary.  Really, we get it, lightsabers are freaking cool.  And yes, we are getting excited for yet another Star Wars movie, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment