Sunday, January 25, 2015

1/27/15 Hold On Tight, It's Gonna Be A Boring Ride For Awhile?

   "He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left."




    I am starting to feel dry on ideas to write, which I think is because we are back to our normal routine. Work has also picked up which is great, I like the opportunity of making extra money, but it does leave less down time.  The weather being crappy like it has been helps in some sense, because it's not like we would be doing something cool right now.  I am thinking in a week or two it might be nice to try our luck at one of our getaway weekends with our timeshare.  
    As I had mentioned some time back, we bought a timeshare, but mostly because we get these "getaway weekends".  We go on their website and if there is availability at a resort, we can go for up to three nights, then we must wait seven nights before we can do it again.  It is $50 a night, but the units are all 2bed/2bath with a kitchen and living room, so we aren't crowded into one room.  The closest one has a heated pool, so even the one here in New Braunfels would be good enough right now.
    This weekend I worked Friday night, and I will be working Sunday night.  Wife worked Saturday, the plan being that her extra earnings will pay for most of our trip to Florida sometime in the summer.  My extra earnings are to pay down debt.  It was a big wake up call to know we have $60-70000 in equity in our rental house, but we can't access it because we have too much credit card debt.  I call BS, as we have never missed any payments.  The bank does not gain anything from giving one a lower interest rate, what's in it for them to help the customer?  It was such a long drawn out process that Wife refuses to try again with a different lender and get nothing out of it.
    And yes, part of the reason we have so much credit debt is because we do stupid things like buy timeshares, but you gotta live.  Theoretically, one day we will own the timeshare, so we'll see how that works out.  I think I see their plan.  We started by buying an every other year timeshare, then we "upgraded" to every year.  They also have "presidential units", which are 3BR/3bath units with more square footage and nicer furnishings.  Those buildings even have elevators, if that impresses some of you lazy stair haters.  At some point, I know they're gonna start pitching us to upgrade once again.  Oh well, we are suckers for a good deal, plus we are proud Americans, and what's more american than needless consumption?
    Anyways, it is my only night off this week, it is about 4am, and I am rambling on a gassy stomach, thanks to the questionable chicken we ate from Central Market.  I was asleep by 1030pm, and now I am not sleepy at all, but since I work tomorrow, I will force myself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment