Sunday, January 18, 2015

1/18/15 Which Is Worse Enjoying Gore or Perversions?

    My middle brother and I were always close growing up.  We were always close enough in age that we hung out and I would include him in everything possible.  This made us competitive in everything we did, which was perfect during our summers, we'd go out and try to play basketball in the middle of 105 summer days or tennis, when we got excited about Wimbledon Tennis, I don't know why.  Maybe I enjoyed John Mcenroe loosing his mind when he didn't get his way. 
    Anyways, at a certain point, we took different paths, I love me some naked women running around the internets.  He gets disgusted by my never ending pursuit of a good naked pic.  I love them all, big, small, full, skinny, white, black, tall, short, as long as they are legal and they are smiling or appear to be enjoying themselves.  It might be that he has a little girl, which I am glad I just have the two boys.  What are you gonna do, the heart likes what the heart likes, as they say.
    Lately, I think I am finding that my brother has a little fascination with gore.  When we go down to visit, he gets on the computer trying to show me stories on Mexican websites because they don't censor like the American news outlets.  If there's an accident with a decapitation, that will be front and center.  I have zero interest in any of that activity and even at home, I rarely watch anything considered scary or with those tones. 
    Movies are supposed to entertain us, or even better open us to new ideas and thoughts.  What is to be gained by watching a "killer" enjoying himself doing what he loves in some fantastical way, like the Friday the 13th franchise?  Even mainstream shows like Bones, which I do enjoy because of the squints in the lab get a little carried away with skulls rolling around comedically, at times.  But then again, the censors allow it.
    Why is half a decomposed body allowed to be shown in its glory, but people crap themselves if they think they see a nipple?  I think this backwoods thinking is what is pushing better programming to cable and channels like HBO and even Netflix.    My wife was suggesting cutting cable, like a threat, but there is already such a small selection of shows I even watch.  Left to my own devices, I always put the TV on HGTV to try and catch House Hunters or one of its formulaic copy cats.  Love the idea of living in Hawaii, maybe one day.  There are like 5-6 shows I really enjoy:  Big Bang Theory, Goldbergs, Archer, Middle.  I also enjoy Once Upon A Time, Bones, Sleepy Hollow, but they are stretching to reach an hour sometimes.
    I guess we can all be glad we all have these phones which bring us what we need almost instantly.  I get my fill of adult viewing on Tumbler, IG (when I'm feeling PG), and a couple other places.  I am doing my part, if some shy woman went to the trouble of putting on a brave face to create pictures for a boyfriend, who then broke up and threw them on the internet because he is a jerk, well, someone needs to benefit from that equation.  That's where I step in.  Maybe we are all bottom feeders, at least the victims I watch walk away to face another day.  Gore doesn't really allow for that option.

No comments:

Post a Comment