Tuesday, January 13, 2015

1/14/15 Living In A Freezer?

    It has been a cold couple of days this weekend.  I want to like the cold, but at a certain point it is just too cold, and it is no longer fun.  I love not having to run AC in the cooler months, as our light bill has at times hit $700, usually August.  But then it gets so cold, we have to go the other way and run the heater.  That is worse, it costs money, it dries sinuses, plus I'm worried a fire will start.
    Some positives though, we are a tad broke, as the holidays just passed so we don't need to be going out, there are NFL playoff games on TV to watch, and the downtime gives me a chance to catch up on some reading.  I prefer a good college game btw, but the Longhorns are testing my patience sucking for too long now.  Being locked in at home also forced me to finish putting away all the Halloween and Christmas decorations in the closet, my wife had wrangled everything to the guest room, but supposedly, it is my job to get it in the closet.
    I am not sure if it is the cold, maybe I'm still a little sick from last week, but I am finding myself sleepy all the time.  I had the one day I overslept to pick up Chubs, almost happened again Friday, but wife came home and woke me at 2:30.  I am sitting here watching Denver/Indianapolis and I'm thinking, I could take a nap.  Last night, I took a nap at 10pm, woke at 11:30pm, then we were up until 4:00am.  I'm just going to blame the weather, it won't last long, never does.
    I don't mind being home, but it would be better in the summer, with the grill going, hottub bubbling, friends wearing bathing suits too small for their big butts.  Then I don't mind being a prisoner in my own home.  Ooh, and wife has a menu of new mixed drinks, which I am supposed to be concocting something new once a month.
    So I'll play it cool, in no time, we'll be in a better time of the year.  These winter doldrums only last a weekend or two, I'm seriously thinking of turning on heater, that would help my freezing body.  I took it to a vote, boys are walking around covered in blankets, I think wife loses this time.  Heater is on, already feel better.  Thermostat was reading 64 in the house, wife was "ehh, it's only 39 outside, it's not that bad."  

No comments:

Post a Comment