Monday, January 5, 2015

1/5/15 Lazy Is As Lazy Does?

    We've all been off from our normal routines the last couple weeks.  My wife and boys have not been at work and school in two weeks.  I worked more than normal last week, but this week I only worked one full night and three hours of the next night before deciding I should also be home not doing much of anything.
    Of course, four nights into not doing anything, we have found ourselves up until 5:30am watching TV, trying to catch up with our DVR, must say Once Upon A Time was dragging on with that whole ice business, glad they are moving on, although that Anna from the Frozen sequence was dopey cute. Not only are we all staying up until late at night, we are then getting up in the middle of the day.  Yesterday I got up at 4:30pm, can't do much with rest of the day when that is the starting point.  I guess, in turn, this agrees with my earlier blog when I brought up if you need something done, give it to a busy person.
    I find myself not wanting to do anything productive, but eating and laying in front of the TV.  This is why I won't take the two weeks off, I'd rather be off and go somewhere, than be home and just hang out indoors.  I guess it is productive in the sense we are giving our minds a little break, our bodies some extra time in bed, even the family unit has finally had some time to hang out and be one.  We even managed to go to a movie last night, saw the third installment of The Hobbit.  Honestly, it wasn't as good as any of The Lord Of The Rings, but it was still a good movie, and I'm sure we will end up buying the DVD when it comes out.
    Today we talked of going to the mall, but I didn't shower and get ready until 7:00pm.  We went to Academy for awhile and to Spec's to look for more fruit wines, I guess that's a thing.  We tried a blackberry wine a couple weeks ago and it was delicious, now I want to sample more.  Best we found was a wine made with cherries, it was very sweet and just had a hint of alcohol flavor.  We'll try the strawberry wine another night, along with the peach.  I don't care for the grape wines, they all taste the same to me.
    We then ate a Chipotle burrito and right back home to the sofa.  Saw Guardians Of The Galaxy and an episode of Bones and other stuff.  There was a brief thunderstorm and we lost power for a second, almost thought projector might have broken because it didn't want to work for about an hour.
    Whether we enjoy it or not, we'll be back to normal on monday, so we should just make the best of it, and do what makes us happy.  I will sleep until I get sore from being in bed.  My boys will watch TV and play games until their fingers go numb, and my wife will keep her busy beaver energy focused on us until she is back at work.  Hip Hip Hazzah indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment