Monday, January 5, 2015

1/6/15 Get Thy Asses Back To School?

    Hip Hip Hazzah!  Hip Hip Hazzah!  As they used to say in times of old.  I am sitting here on a sunny Sunday afternoon, knowing my peeps will be heading back to school in the morning.  I go into the Christmas break thinking this will be a good time to do something different, to try new restaurants, but after fourteen days of seeing my progeny slowly deteriorating into cavemen, locked in their rooms with their new Christmas booty, I realize, they need the structure  of school to keep them in line.
    Chubs comes out after every other Pokémon episode he sees crying and heartbroken.  I vaguely remember those Pokémon episodes taking themselves way too seriously when I saw them ten years ago with Boy.  How are you supposed to react to the story of Cubone?  This particular Pokémon starts out with his mother but she dies running an errand, and the baby Cubone runs upon her remains and he keeps her skull as a helmet and one of her ribs as his main weapon
    That is a downer any way you put it.  But my boy is trying to explain this to me as I walk in from work, haven't even taken my shoes off, he's fighting tears from falling and my goofy ass wife laughs when she gets uncomfortable, so I was tearing up when I should be getting my dinner and just lightly chatting before watching my shows and heading back to work.
    Boy goes from ten hour tournaments in his room online to ten hour tournaments at a local card shop 2 miles from the house to going to his friends in San Marcos for ten hour tournaments face to face with them.  I shouldn't complain, but all these card games take up so much time, and he is constantly ordering newer "better" cards to ensure he is the best fighter.  I think he believes he is Ash from the Pokémon series, and he's "gotta catch em all".  He doesn't realize it's an expression to make him spend all his money on cards.
    At least it's money he has earned is the best I can tell my wife, and I'd rather he be pissing away the money on cards than having to buy diapers and milk for a baby.  So we continue the dance, he just left, me thinking he was starting classes was glad to say go.  But it dawned on me, as he got in his car, without any school supplies, he has another ten days before he starts school.  Which means he is just going to screw around for the next few days.  Oh well, at least we're not feeding him.
    Once again, school will save the day.  My younger boy will fall back into his routine, go to bed early, start learning, my wife will have a reason to get up before noon, and I'll be able to have the bed to myself, as I am used to.  It has been a good to great break.  We visited my folks, my in-laws, stopped at Buc-ee's about eight times coming and going.  I got me a night vision monocular to make me more of a pervert, that's right the dark won't protect you, I can see you changing in the dark.  Plus a couple new sweaters, and some cold hard cash, my favorite thing.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment