Sunday, August 7, 2022

8/6/22 Another Evening With The Baby?

    DD and his wife called Friday night to see if we were available to watch their baby for a few hours.  He is now starting to teeth and mama said she was being driven crazy because it is non-stop crying.  Our biggest plan for Saturday night was that Wife said, "No Barbeque", which I didn't like, but I added "good, maybe you can locate the kitchen and rattle some pans (I'm funny).  She had decided on making a lasagna, which I liked because they are great, but do take some time to put together.  Since we were planning on being home, we said sure, bring the "Gordito" over.

    It was actually a pretty busy day, overall.  Wife had a start of school drive, in which they hand out backpacks and throw a party out of getting the kids ready for the first day of school.  She said they had the fire engines, gifts, snacks, and even the Coyote from the SA Spurs was there.  All this activity of course required she be there at 7:00am, so she had to leave the house before 5:40am.  This left her no time to go with me to get the lasagna supplies, so I had to manage that.

    Then because when she got here, we went and ran some quick errands, the baby got here about 20 minutes after we had gotten home.  Wife ran upstairs to take a quick shower and I was tasked with starting the ground beef on the skillet.  Then the baby got here and after all the hellos and actually seeing the tiredness in their eyes, we told them to go.  They said they were probably just going to go buy a bucket of chicken and watch a movie at home.

    The baby is a cute little hunk of ham, he is built solid, not really a squishy baby.  Wife was, "Well, you can hold him, and I'll put the lasagna together, or I can hold him, and you can put it together."  I hadn't made a lasagna from scratch before, so I was curious.  It took a good 20 minutes and we had enough for the two pans she had.  It was then in the oven for about 2 hours, it seemed.

    The baby was a good baby until he wasn't.  He must have a tooth coming because once he started crying, he kept crying for about half an hour.  Wife had asked if I wanted to go to Target and get some sort of seat for him.  I love buying stuff, so this a chance to shine.  Turns out I picked the exact one they already have.  I don't know what they are called, but it is an activity center where the baby seats in the middle and the seat rotates all around with little toys attached to the frame.

    Baby A called me while I was still at Target to get him a pacifier because he was crying his little brains out.  I got him a couple different ones and some teethers too.  It was a little intense I guess until the Motrin kicked in or the little seat thing really distracted the pain, but after I got home, he settled down and went back to happy baby mode.

    DD and wife came back about 2-3 hours after they left.  Mama needs to chill out, she is strung tight and says that she has only been away from the baby about ten hours total.  She needs some more support to stay sane, but I'm not sure either side of the family is kicking in that much support.  We enjoy the baby.  He is the closest thing we have to a grandson, Boy still says he doesn't see a kid in their near future, so for now, this is our future wrestler to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment