Saturday, August 20, 2022

8/20/22 My Feather Flags Came In?

     In my attempt to be over the top showing Cougar support, last week we went and ate down Manchaca Road and saw a business advertising all sorts of printed materials.  This got me inspired, so I went online and looked for those type of flags, they are called feather flags and are mostly used for advertising near the streets of businesses.  Honestly, I would have bought from that business, but the lady was shady as shit, so we left.  I then tried Amazon, but their color palette just wasn't matching what I wanted, and there wasn't much control in the layout.  After a day or two of fiddling around, I thought to just go on Google and see if some site would just give me freer control of the layout.  I found that with www.flagsonthecheap.com.  Not only were the prices okay, but the promise of delivery was outstanding.

    I laid out the flag like I wanted, added my Cougar on top, chose between 6ft to 15ft height length, paid the total and waited.  I ordered the flags (2), and they were delivered Thursday afternoon, even though delivery was set for on Friday.  Each flag came in its own box, about 4ft long, but the boxes were taped together, which adds strength so they wouldn't be bent in shipping.  Inside the box, there was a bag, and the bag has sleeves for the various poles and even the base.  There with the poles and stand was the flag all rolled up.  The material feels like good quality, because it is double sided, I think there are two sheets sewn together.  The printing was as good as expected, but if there was one thing I did not like, it was the overall color of the flags.  Since we seem to have gone black and tan with the school colors, I went with a black flag and the lettering in the tan/gold color.  The bag is made of the same basic material, which is what made it that much more evident.  The flags are a definite dark navy blue, with an edge in actual black.  If the whole flag was in the color of the seam edge, I would have thought perfect!

I called the company this morning, the guy on the phone said that is as close as their printers can get to black, but to my eyes, it just isn't.  He said I would get a decision in a couple days if the printer guys could do anything.  I still like them, set up inside the house, the navy blue looks black, but I don't know what will happen in the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment