Tuesday, August 23, 2022

8/22/22 Booster Club Meeting For First Game?

     Last week, the football game was technically a scrimmage, still the booster club pulled together and provided snacks for the team, even when the game was suddenly moved from Friday to Thursday.  This week, we are playing South San, and tonight's meeting (Monday) was to discuss that and making sure we have everything set in place.  I am still not sure if I like being part of the "in crowd", but we keep showing up.  We have donated big time, first with ourselves and by donating material things.

    We got there and the meeting had technically started, they were discussing us getting our games on TV via the internet.  They had some representative from a company that puts the games online.  It sounds cool to me; it would allow my parents to watch the game without even having to leave the house.  If I understood correctly, we pay $375 up front per game and then we split any money made from advertising, which they do by posting names of businesses around the screen, or they use some of the kids to do shout outs.  We kind of walked in at that point, but that is what I understood.

    I was busy setting up my feather flag to show the group, which I was excited about.  It was my idea and I brought it to life in a matter of a few weeks.  It so happened the head coach was sitting there, and he was all happy with the flags, making goofy faces and smiling at us.  One of the other members told us coach has wanted something like that since he became head coach, so I guess he's thinking like me.  I want more presence that the Cougars are in the stadium.

    The booster club meetings always break down to getting food for the kids.  We donate most every time, though Mijo doesn't even eat the food.  He is always a little paranoid the food might make him rumbly in the tumbly and the last thing he wants is to feel like he has to poop, so he doesn't even eat.  I think this year we are trying candy, for a sugar lift at halftime.  It had been only granola bars and fruit, I like the addition of candy, but to focus on those with peanuts, like Snickers, maybe Payday, Reese's peanut Butter cups, stuff like that.

    This week sounds exciting, along with the 50% chance of showers, Mijo is supposed to be back on the field, he was cleared for practice yesterday.  I hope they look as good as they did last week.  Go Coogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment