Wednesday, August 17, 2022

8/18/22 My Socks Arrived?

     The socks I ordered blindly online came in and I am pretty happy with what I see.  I was worried they would be cheap, and they could still be, but holding them in my hands, they feel like they are built well.  They have a tautness to them, and they resemble Nike socks with the accordion in the middle of the foot for extra support.  The logo, Cougar profile, looks about as good as a large print copier can be expected to perform.  If I have one complaint, it would be the tone of the tan/gold.  I chose Old Vegas Gold, which looked a tad more vivid, but the tan provided isn't.  It's probably for the best, this matches more what the colors should be.

    When Mijo was in 8th grade, we went to a football game, sort of an introduction to what he was to expect if he had stayed in band.  We were a little grossly disappointed in their colors at that point.  It was brown and white, with tan as an accent.  If I remember correctly, the drill/cheer squad were in long brown sad outfits.  David Crockett with his Coonskin hat was the only thing that looked okay, because he has always been dressed in brown.

    Fast forward to today and the Coogs have come into the new age.  They started adding black to their uniforms and now brown is pretty much gone.  The look I see is more of a black with the tan and now with October being breast cancer awareness, pink is seeping in.  After showing the booster club, I was asked if pink and black socks could be ordered, everyone in the room was ready to buy some.  Adding that one fun color to the mix really changes the look of the uniforms, even the football team breaks out the solid pink socks once or twice a season, along with pink somewhere else, as an accent.

    We shall see what the people say.  I got about 80 pairs to sell, so it's time to see if people really like them or if it is "puro pedo" as my dad would say.  If they sell at the suggested selling price of $15 a pair, the booster club could make itself $1200 out of our donation.  They offered to pay me back half the cost, but I told them if they did, I would use it to find another thing to sell.  These are the socks.



No comments:

Post a Comment