Sunday, August 14, 2022

8/13/22 Taping Of The Senior Hallways?

     First off, I didn't know this was a thing.  Second, if I left it to Baby A, he would have probably ignored it too, and we would all be none the wiser.  But since I am in the booster club and I was standing out there helping to accept the donations for the scrimmage and helping with the pizzas, I was pointed to and asked "Can I count on you?  Will you be there to help these next four days?"  It is hard to say no to pushy people who are trying to do all they can for their kids, and therefore, I do more for my kid.

    As it was explained to me, the taping of the Senior hallways is an old tradition where the seniors own the hallways on the second floor of the school.  I kind of love how the building is laid out.  There is an outdoor area inside the walls of the school, and all the way around this outside area, there are hallways about 15 feet across and they open with walls that only go halfway up so people can see down to the open courtyard.

    Before we took Mijo out there, Wife and I had to go find him the right tape, the GF had mentioned that she wanted to write her name in pink tape, and I guess he wanted red.  They also had to use something like blue painter's tape, which does not bond as hard and doesn't leave a nasty residue on the ground like duct tape.  Essentially, they use the blue painter's tape first, then they can put the duct tape on top of the blue tape.

    Although I was asked to go and maybe supervise, once we got there with some donuts and kolaches, there wasn't much for us to do.  Mijo had his girl, and thus we did not exist, he went off to the opposite side of the building from where we were standing.  The booster club mom who asked to see if we were coming was going hard on the project, even tried to recruit us to help her, but I said nah, I got bad knees, I wasn't about to try and work on my knees, I'd never get up.

    At that point, Wife and I left, we went and ate, then got home.  I really hesitated to fall asleep, but eventually, I still did.  The little Pooper didn't call until 3:20pm, to go get him and take his girl to her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment