Wednesday, August 17, 2022

8/16/22 Team Spirit

     Wife and I decided that we were going to go out with a bang this year with Mijo.  We are fully immersed with the booster club and trying to make it worth something other than a lot of talking and volunteering.  We might be idiots, I can hear my family telling me, but I am having fun being a Cougar.  First off, I found that site to do the personalized socks and then ordered 100 pairs.  My initial idea was to just order them for my son, who as usual, was fighting the idea that I was being extra.  I then told him I wouldn't give him any, but I would order them anyway and give them to all his friends.  He came around when I started including more people.  He thought it would be a good idea if I got some for all the football players.  I said no.  Then I showed them to the booster club, they loved them but added I should get some pink ones, for breast cancer awareness month.  They should be coming in any day, they said 8-16 days, about 10 days ago.

    I then got the idea of those feather flags, the flags you see outside business that are skinny and tall.  We had gone to eat breakfast at Mucho Taco, on Manchaca and I noticed a small business advertising printing on anything ability.  We went over, but I was not impressed by the twit running the place.  They seemed as if they had just gotten done burying a body and were cleaning their van.  She came up to us with big dead eyes staring at us.  There was no smile on her face, or suggestions of what they could do when I asked her if we could put the Cougar logo or something with Cougars.  Just confusion in her eyes.  I thanked her and we left.  It did give me ideas afterwards.

    I went to Amazon, looked up flags and found a place that does personal flags.  I ordered two 4x6 flags with the Cougar logo, I hope they look like I envision them, very simple yet bold.


When I couldn't find the feather flags with color option I wanted, I jumped on Google and found a site that might just get it done, if everything is legit.  I got two of these and they will fly 10ft x 2ft tall.  I know this doesn't change whether the boys do better or not, but I want them to feel like they are supported and when they show up on a field it is theirs.  Go Coogs!!




No comments:

Post a Comment