Sunday, February 27, 2022

2/27/22 Moving Day, Boy Edition?

     Boy has finally moved out; we finally went and saw the apartment this morning and I kind of liked it.  It is way up north, and I am not sure about the neighborhood, but the unit itself was very comfortable.  He got a 2-bedroom unit, which is more than they need, but I guess it was something they felt they could afford, and I did tell him to get as much space as possible.  Both he and the girlfriend like to do hobbies and activities which require a little space.  He has a room full of 3D printers here and I told him he has to take them with him, eventually.  She likes to sew and put together costumes for anime conventions, so the space of a 2nd bedroom will suit them well.  I believe space helps so they are not on top of each other and having petty fights over that, in time.

    The details were just kind of there.  I hadn't been told that I would be needed to help them move, nor had Baby A.  Boy just assumed we would be ready, luckily there weren't any school activities, like a track meet to prevent us from being here.  He told us around 10:00pm last night that the trailer would be here at 9:00am, and I asked, "am I helping?"  Wife was as unsure, I guess Mijo just assumed we would be honored to help.  I got up at 7:0am, drank my coffee, took a shower and was ready right at 8:58am.  I then knocked on his door and he said the trailer was coming in a while, to just chill.  Girlfriend had some family members bring a big trailer, which did the job very well, luckily it didn't rain and between it and the 4 SUV's following, we got most everything over there.  I can honestly look in his room right now and still not be 100% sure he moved out.  He is leaving his bedroom set, and furniture, I guess they wanted to start with new beds and sofas.  He also has so many clothes that I know he took about 4 big wardrobe boxes and yet there are still piles of clothes all over his room.  I finally got tired of waiting after he left and got all our dishes, brought them down and washed them.  He honestly had most of our glasses up there, along with most of our forks, and half our plates.  It is a wonder why we haven't had ants in the house more often.

    He said he will continue working on moving the rest of his things, we are going to work to clean the room, Baby A wants to move over, the room has a better layout, it is longer, so he can have the bedroom part by the windows, and an entertaining area, complete with a sofa, if we get him one, on the other end.

    It's a good feeling that Mijo is moving out and getting congratulations and positive messages from the family.  I know in too many situations kids move out with hate and resentment or do it too soon only to fail and suffer out of the house.  Boy has a solid job, and he would have gotten a house if the Austin market wasn't so expensive.  I am hoping in a year or so, the girlfriend will finish a nursing program and then there salary together should be much more competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment