Tuesday, February 8, 2022

2/7/22 Hanging Out With Boy?

     I hate to say it, but we hardly ever get time with Boy, he technically still lives here (at least for this month), but really spends most of his free time with his gf.  It was nice to actually have him join us Sunday for a few hours.  We were dragging serious butt from being at the wrestling meet until past 11:00pm, I think I may have gotten up at 10:00am Sunday morning.  I saw him in the kitchen, he was talking about going out to do something or other.  I was in no particular rush to do anything, but then Wife always has tasks for us.  It was our monthly time to go get blankets for the kids.  For about the last 5-8 years, Wife picks up small kid sized blankets from a lady, she has a program where "little old ladies" make these blankets out of scraps and such, and then they get handed out to the poorer schools in the community.  Wife has worked with her from when she was in Bastrop, over 5 years ago.  Anyways, we had to go and meet her at 1:00pm, so we got dressed for that and got going.  I was moving slow; I hate leaving the house for stuff like this.

    To my surprise, Boy was in the car when I went out (everyone else had already gotten in the car and were waiting for me).  We picked up the blankets, then headed to eat lunch at Cheddar's, which was nice.  They said it would be a 40-minute wait, but there were hardly any people waiting.  We sat down within about 15 minutes.  Lunch was decent, but Boy really joined us because he is looking for a sofa and asked if we wanted to tag along.

    After we ate, we headed to Haverty's, which is in the same shopping area where Cheddar's is at.  They do have nice stuff, but the prices are a little much.  Leather sofas and sectionals were all the way up over $8,000.  I mean they were really nice with all sorts of power movements, but it is a lot of money.  We also went to Ashley's, then Rooms To Go.  The prices were much more reasonable.  He saw a blue leather sofa at Ashley's for $1299, I think.  It was just a sofa, and maybe even a little smaller in dimensions, but I think it was fair for the leather and price.  He insists he wants some color that pops, so the blue got his attention.  He kept asking for like a pink sofa, or maybe even a green colored one.  The blue was about as close to exotic color on leather that we saw.  There was a green sofa, but it was cloth, and I don't think cloth furniture lasts as long as leather before it starts looking distressed.

    We mostly just walked along with him, I don't want to be overbearing and tell him get this or that.  I did mention the browns tend to match better with everything, but I guess being young, he wants to be a little bold, which I get.  I used to have some pretty tacky tastes when I was younger, so I totally understand.  Still, it was nice to hang out. We were talking about once he moves out; he is going to have to make an effort to see us, we know we can't demand his time, it has to come from him.  He says that he will come over to wash clothes on Sundays, which I said sounds good, we can then grill which we mostly do as a regular thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment