Wednesday, February 2, 2022

2/2/22 Horrible Experience At Wendy's?

     I know restaurants are short staffed and maybe the people they do have working are not the greatest humans, but man, it was a weird one today at Wendy's.  First off, we rarely eat there, even in the best of times, this location is staffed by a bunch of Mexicans, not that I have a problem with them, but they usually seem even scared to approach and talk to the customer.  Tuesday was no different, except for a couple of black ladies, who I am not sure if they were even speaking English.  I am in no way trying to be a smart-ass but there seemed to be a definite language barrier, I even thought they were doing it on purpose, for a second.

    Baby A has been practicing at 7:00am, so I get the honor of picking him up after school and this boy is always hungry when we get him.  I offered the tuna which was at home, and I had proudly made in the morning, but he said it would be cooler if we ate somewhere like Wendy's.  That was a desperate attempt from him, I don't think he is really a fan, he just wanted to eat somewhere and that is one of the closer places to the house.  We walked in, after I had him check if the dining room was even open.  I hate picking up fast food to take home, it usually falls apart on the way home, and tastes crappy if it sits for even a few minutes.  We walked in, Mijo made his selection, from a piece of laminated paper, the fancy light up screen had a blue Windows screen of death look to it, as did some of the other screens that used to make it look semi-nice before.  He then proceeded to go wash his hands.  I stood there waiting for somebody to come and take my order.  After about 5 minutes or more, a young lady came to the counter but said this register is closed, I will have to take your order from the drive thru register.  I looked at her confused, then asked if she wanted me to go order from the car outside.  She said no, but still looked at me, like I was supposed to do something with the information.  Eventually, I kind of just said it's a Baconator combo and a #9, go press the buttons on your machine and I'll give you my credit card.  This took her a few more minutes, but I did get a receipt and my card back.  Ugh, if I had seen the prices, it was over $25 for two dinky burgers and questionable soda.

    I could see order after order flying out the window, but we seemed to have been forgotten.  At some point one of the black ladies came up to me and made sounds is all I can say, I have no idea what she said, but she didn't understand when I said, "I already ordered", which she saw me do it too.  After a few more minutes, probably more than that.  Another customer came and also waited for a few minutes, I told him I had been waiting over ten minutes and wasn't sure what was going on, he eventually thanked me for tipping him off to the bad service, and he left.  At this point, I gave a loud "what is going on, where is my food?"  The black lady came forward again and uttered more weird noises, Swahili came to mind, not that I know anything of that language.  I started making shapes of burgers and food, with biting motions, I didn't know how else to convey my message to her.  After too many minutes, she gave me two bags with burgers and fries that had been sitting too long, even after I told the white chick I wanted fresh fries, not any of those that have been there since I got here.  The black lady gave me the bags with the effort and motion like I wasn't really wanting them, but I guess I can have them.

    Honestly, the burger was decent, for having sat there on the counter waiting until I yelled and even the fries, had they not been all little shitty bottom of the bag fries, were not that bad.  But it'll be a cold day in hell before I go back and try to eat there.  Oh, while we were waiting, an employee tried getting some free food, and to her, the black lady spoke perfect English "Stand behind the counter."  She was outright rude, given the girl seemed friendly with the other girls making fries.  After a few minutes, she went back behind the counter, then behind the wall where the famed drive thru register sits and she came out crying, like sobbing and went and sat at a table to make us uncomfortable.  I don't know if she got fired, but if she did, they did her a favor.  This fucking place should just be shut down, it felt like walking into a Twilight Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment