Tuesday, February 15, 2022

2/15/22 Valentine's Day?

     I have to say, Monday sucks for a holiday like Valentine's Day.  In a weird move though, it worked for Wife.  Because the Super Bowl was Sunday, the Superintendent called for a day off, since there are so many absences anyway.  Another string of incidental luck was that it was Wife's birthday on Thursday, and she got Friday off as well, since we were prepared to go see Baby A fight as an alternate, if it worked out.  He did not end up fighting, but Wife still got a four-day weekend. 

    I don't know if it is my old age, but I never even got going to go get Wife a Valentine's Day gift, not even a box of chocolates.  Honestly, the wrestling had taken over our lives.  It is good that the season ended, we all needed to disconnect from it.

    Sunday night, Wife though, did plan a little about Valentine's Day and got us the standard chocolate hearts.  I felt a little guilty, but then again, I offered to run to Target and get her something Monday morning after I dropped off Baby A at school and she said no.  I think it is gift enough that I take him, and she gets to sleep in, that is her favorite thing.  Monday morning felt weird, Mijo had no reason to rush in, nor did he have a need to carry his extra bag of clothes for after practice.  He then got out at a normal 4:45pm, and we were home by 5:30pm, he looked around when he got off the car and asked "now what do I do?  He has not had this kind of free time since last Spring.

    Wife and I did have a little alone time, which we went and ate at Mod Pizza, around noon.  We looked at a couple of places, I wanted to eat at Luby's, but the crowds seemed big.  Wife would have settled for Rosa's Taco Factory down the street, but it was also pretty packed.  We settled on Mod Pizza because it had been a while and there was not a crowd there.  After eating there, I went to work, close to 1:30pm.  We did not have a lot of work, so I got out at 5:00pm to come join Wife and Mijo eating after school at Bill Millers.  Mijo said they were maxing out in weight class, and he did a max squat of 575ponds, up 50 pounds from his last best effort.  He wants to get to 800 pounds, which is the state record, he has another year to get there.

    Boy came home early, he said he was feeling a little like he was maybe running a fever, so he got to do his physics class from home, I guess if they have a good reason they can join in via zoom.  I went back to work, then came home close to 10:00pm and he was still working on some homework.  He is down to about one more week of living with us before he moves out.  He has boxes and a mess everywhere in the house right now.

    It doesn't sound like much of a Valentine's Day I know, but like I said, we are generally very busy.  It is hard to slow down and celebrate something that isn't really a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment