Thursday, February 10, 2022

2/10/22 Wife's Birthday?

     I always say, it sucks to have a birthday in the middle of the week.  Wife is too classy to whine, I usually bellow and whine as if I am more important than I am to want the world to acknowledge my day.  Wife seems happy enough if we remember her day, which I did, at 5:45am.  I got up to pee and thought "do I go and bother her while she is dressing to say Happy Birthday, or do I try quickly sneak back into bed and fall asleep before she comes down so I can sleep a few more minutes?  I did the right thing and went upstairs to say morning and all the stuff, she was mid dressing and caught a little by surprise.  I was already thinking that I would take the night at least half off so we could go have dinner as a family.  It is really a hard thing for the four of us to get together, it seems, so when we do, it is nice.

    I told her my plans and she liked the idea.  I then went back to bed, woke up an hour later to take Baby A to probably his last wrestling work out and told him of my plans to have dinner tonight.  Since he was having morning practice, he would feel freer in the evening, so he liked the idea.  I then got home and figured I should mention my plans to Boy, so he wouldn't disappear somewhere, as he often does.  I then went through my day, not in any hurry to do anything.  Work was especially light, I only managed to wash a box of bottles, one of the supporting things we need to do to keep the lab running.  We received no new work today, which made my decision to leave earlier easier, it's not like I was leaving work for others to do.

    Wife got home around 6:30pm, I had just woken from a light nap, and Boy woke up also, at that time.  We went and ate at a pizza place, on Manchaca, the name changed, I am not sure what it is called now, but I know we kind of like the pizza there, but it was a little too soggy tonight.  Still, Boy kept the conversation going talking about his work, Baby A had school stuff to make us chuckle, and we had about as good a night as we can have while eating.  I did buy a cake while Wife was on her way home, I ran to the Bundt cake store here in Southpark Meadows and got one so we could sing Happy Birthday after dinner.

    I wish we could say we are planning something for the weekend, but with the Regional Tournament for wrestling going on Friday and Saturday, I wanted to keep our options open.  Mijo is an alternate, so he will find out at weigh-ins if someone is missing, or didn't make weight, or sick with Covid, really, any reason one of the other top 4 finishers can't compete and he slides in and gets to fight.  It is the smallest of chances, but at least it's a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment