Monday, February 8, 2016

2/8/16 Busy Ass Weekend?

    This was a rare weekend, where we had no company, but we did go visit friends to watch the Super Bowl.  Friday afternoon started much like they always do.  I wake up, hurry to pick up Chubs, finally got his haircut, he was looking rather shaggy, and needed to clean himself up.  We did the normal faux hawk, where he can spike it down the middle if he wants to with some gel.  I then took advantage of my truck washes, and did that.  Meanwhile, Wife was texting about what to do on a nice Friday night.  Since we have a connection at Alamo Drafthouse, and we were both interested in Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, we got Boy to hook us up with free tickets.  He did not join us, saying he has plans to see it with his friends.
    Saturday we slept until about 1:30pm, then we got up and I waited for breakfast.  I had told Wife after the movies I wanted to stop for stuff like doughnuts or cookies, she said no, that she would figure out breakfast in the morning. She showed me five lousy eggs, a can of spam, and a can of beans.  It worked, but I thought tacos were too much beans.  I then tried to get pool pump going to start cleaning the water, but the pump was smoking and not really moving the water.  I unplugged it and got Wife to go with me.  Guy at the store said if he can clean it out, it's probably ok.  He called back Sunday that he was able to clean it up and it was working fine.  We ended up going to Lowe's, I either need to change the guts out on toilet downstairs, or buy a new one.  The replacement flushing mechanism was $9.99 versus a new toilet, cheapest one I saw was $139.99.  We'll see if leak stops with new flushing mechanism which includes new rubber gasket.  I also got a new toilet seat for Boy's bathroom, his looked like it had never been cleaned, I figured a new seat was easier than scrubbing like crazy.
    Sunday, I woke up at 1:00pm, looked at my Wife deeply into her eyes (past the eye boogers),  and decided to take her, like a viking of yore.  We shook the house to its foundation for what felt like a lifetime or five minutes, but it was what the doctor ordered.  I apparently fell back to sleep until 3:00pm, when Wife said get up, we have a party to go to.  We went to my friend with the new house in Buda, to see the game, he had called us the week before.  When we got there, he had a fry pot outside for wings, and was running the grill with hotdogs and burgers.  It honestly feels weird not being in charge of all the cooking or buying the food, but he insists.  I ate a bit of everything, then fell asleep through the first half of the game.  Halftime was ok, then I started moving around, we were watching the game downstairs, but he has a media room with a projector screen like ours, I watched about the last quarter up there, just to enjoy that setup.
    We got back home, and I felt energized (probably from all the napping).  I took out the trash, replaced Boy's toilet seat, threw some christmas boxes in the trash can since it was mostly empty, changed the light bulb on our projector, watched a show with Wife, then she went to bed, I showered, but then decided to go finish hiding all the wires from a project I did about a month ago.  I installed lights that change from red to green to blue to white, in about 20 combinations, but I had left all the wires dangling.  I found little hooks and catches at Lowe's that look like they worked very well, wait til the morning to see if glue sticks well.  Everything just came together, right now I just need to change guts out in lower toilet, then I see what other chores I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment