Monday, February 15, 2016

2/16/16 Kind Of A Nice Weekend?

    This was going to be a pain in the ass weekend, luckily Wife is not a needy woman who must be impressed with stones and jewels.  All she requires is her boys to shine some love on her.  Boy showed up around 6:30, which was perfect because Wife was home not much earlier than that.  We started not sure where to eat, so we just headed out.  Being that Wife was working Saturday as well as Boy, I wanted to stay close to home.  We crossed the freeway to go eat at a Chinese place, but it closed down, then Boy suggested Roadhouse, in front of Walmart so we came back around to this side of the freeway, but it was packed, as well as Friday's, so I said screw it, jumped on the freeway and headed to Logan's by Cabela's.  I am really not a big fan, it had probably been more than a year since we had been, but honestly, we had a really great meal.  We all had steaks and they were delicious or we were hungry, but even the baked potato I found myself finishing, not to mention a handful of peanuts, a few buttery biscuits and even a little of a free appetizer Wife got through her coupons from her phone.  We all left thinking, didn't this place used to kinda suck?  Maybe they are turning it around.
    Saturday found me hanging out with Chubs all day, not that we did anything, we both stayed up late, so we didn't get up until 2 or 3.  All we managed to do was go get some candy for Valentine's Day at Target.  By the time we got back home, Wife was back from her field trip, and we both decided we needed a nap while we waited for Boy to get home.  He got home, but we had to wait for his posse, apparently this Boy doesn't fart without taking 3-4 people with him anymore.  We finally got on our way.  For Wife's birthday, I told her we would eat in SA with her family, since she didn't want anything material.  We ended up at Chaparral, which I have always enjoyed because they know how to refry a bean.  Along with their fajitas, this place kicks ass.  We probably left around 10:30pm, and we were back in Austin by midnight.  We watched some TV, and slept in Sunday.  Boy managed to get even more people in the house, sometime after midnight, and they were up until at least 5am, so was Chubs, which I thought was fine, because they were also off Monday.
    Sunday, we all started kind of slow, except Boy, who had to go to work at 8am  (heh heh).  He was in miserable shape, but that is how you learn.  We were in pajamas until 7pm, and even as we headed out to eat, Wife told me "I don't think you even took a shower."  I said "hmm, you're right, but I haven't pooped either, so it's all good." 
    We went and dined at Mandola's, dressed like we were going to the Dairy Queen, in warm-ups and Crocs (like I don't wear those all the time).  Dinner was good, but we had to pick what they had left, they were out of about half the menu, at nine, guess making more fettucine alfredo is too much to ask of an Italian restaurant.  They have awesome desserts there, is why I really love eating there, and Wife noticed the crowd on the dessert side and got inline before all the cocoanut cake slices were gone.  We enjoyed our meal, then we headed back home to enjoy the dessert in front of the TV.  We tried watching Interstellar, but I don't think they did a great job explaining the beginning.  There are no scientists, maybe it's after a war or something, but smart people are always necessary.  Engineers can engineer on food or boats or buildings or anything.  Bullshit, you're better off being a farmer than some sort of scientist, maybe that is where America is headed, but I don't believe it.  Movie did not make much sense to me, saw about half then stopped, Wife was snoring.
    Monday they both took it easy, it being President's Day, I slept as normal, since I still had to come to work.  Here we are, Monday night and I believe back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment