Wednesday, February 10, 2016

2/10/16 The Yin To My Yang, Or Something Like That?

    Happy Birthday to My Wife.  It seems only yesterday we were eating at the Pizza Hut in Crystal City figuring out where we were gonna park my folk's van to do it.  Twenty eight years later and here we are.  I think it has been a good life so far.  For all your fidgeting and worrying, we have always had a surplus, whether of house, and/or of love.  We have been able to keep our bond strong and help people that come in and out of our lives, sporadically.  We may get laughed at by outsiders, and ridiculed for being how we are.  But I insist that being good people, we will keep opening ourselves up and allowing people to get close enough to hurt us.  It is the only way we can be, we help those we help because it always seems like the right thing to do.
    I may bitch and moan at how you might let Boy talk you into a new computer or a new board game, but if he asked me, I'd probably cave in, just as easily.  Those two boys are our proudest accomplishments, and although they still need a lot of spit and shine, I know that them being made of us half and half, they will be dynamic people who will matter.  The days just blend into a tangled mess and we always seem to be running, at least we both seem to want to keep running in the same direction.  I can't say that anything we do is the right thing or not, for example Chubs and those magnet schools, as long as we all tackle it together, it should be doable.  I saw the competition when I took him there, and most those parents looked unemployable.  We are both capable of kicking ass, but our best feature is that when one of us gets pissed at the boys, the other one will go into defend mode to take care of our delicate flower, usually Boy, cause Boy really tests us right now.
    Remember, when you are stressing about all the wonderful stuff you like to stress about, we are still number 1, mostly because no one else knows life is a game.  Keep playing like you enjoy it, remember, you can enjoy it or worry about it, we all die in the end.  But while we are here, we could make it fun for us and anybody on our side.  I only hope I can continue giving you the little things: my free time, yearly trips to Disney, a couple of trips a year to the Brazilian Steakhouse, a couple new purses a year, to keep the beetches jelly, and some loose change so you can always stop at Buc-ee's to pee and get a soda.
    I love you, even when you are being a freaking monster pain in the ass.  It would be hard at this point to think of a time you haven't been a part of me.  Let's find us a Clydesdale (cause a normal horse won't hold our two fat-asses), and ride off into the sunset together.

No comments:

Post a Comment