Friday, February 5, 2016

2/6/16 Shooting For About FIfty Washes?

    I bought an unlimited washes contract for a year for my truck.  I felt weird at first dropping it off and not doing the manly part of washing my own vehicle, but Austin sucks in that you can't waste water on your own property.  It has been a couple months and I believe I am getting the hang of it.  Today I was thinking it was too cold, but as I drove to pick up Chubs, I couldn't help but notice all the pollen/dirt on the hood of my truck.  I wouldn't have washed it if I had to get wet and do it at home, but.... they are set up to do it and as the manager told me, "come on in, if the guys aren't busy, I have to send them home early."  She said the only time they close is if the temperature drops below 32 degrees.  I guess then I am doing them a favor by coming in, even if the weather seems shitty for me.
   Now that I am past my weirdness over other people doing my job, we just drop the truck off and go eat.  Rosa's Tortilla Factory is on one side and Fuddrucker's is on the other side.  We walked to Wendy's lat week, but that was a little too far.  This afternoon Chubs and I dropped off the truck around 4:30 and walked to Fuddrucker's.  We ate a burger, argued, and texted for a bit.  By the time we headed back at 5:15, it was washed and shiny.  We took off and went around through the lights which coincided perfectly with catching up with Wife.  We both got home at the same time.
    I paid roughly $550 for a year of washes.  Figuring if I wash the truck once a week for a total of about 52 washes, each one will average about $10.57.  I have been tipping $5.00 each time.  It is not reqired but I figure I should put something in there.  Two weeks ago I even washed it twice, I had washed it Monday, after it rained over the weekend, then it rained during the week, but the weekend looked pretty, so I rewashed it Friday.  The lady manager/owner also through in a card for two free washes on a separate vehicle and a $50 card if I want to do other services like detail, or wax or engine wash.
    It sounded like a lot of money upfront, but I am loving my truck looking new and clean more often than not.  With the metallic black color it almost needs to be shiny to make the paint look beautiful and I love those tires with that oily shine against the aluminum 20 inch rims.

No comments:

Post a Comment