Thursday, February 25, 2016

2/25/16 Yesterday Shows How Old I Am Getting?

    Yesterday, could have been a glorious day full of freedom and possibility.  Wife went with Chubs to Waco to go visit Baylor University and then a museum located in Waco.  As luck would have it, Wife decided to take the shackles off of me and even turned off the chip in my neck which she uses to track my every move.  The stage was set for this big dog to go out and sniff around like a big dog does.  What did I do with all my freedom?  I slept until they got back, almost 6:00pm.
    Used to be if she left town to visit her folks or for whatever reason, I'd be up at noon having lunch with one of my many wonderful friends.  I figured I could always catch up on my sleep later.  I thought about it, I even knew Girlie was going to be off on Wednesday, she never says no to a free lunch.  The stage was set, I did get up at 11:30 or so to go pee, all I had to do was send out a text or two, instead I jumped back in bed, felt the warmth of the comforter, and thought screw it, I am sleeping unless somebody texts me.
    Shoot, normally I am waking up all the time to go pee, but I didn't wake up again until 2:30 when Wife texted that they were on their way.  I normally get up at this time, but nope, rolled over and fell back to sleep.  Then she texted at 3:20 they had driven back to pick up some kids, the 2nd bus broke or something.  I should have been up by now, if even to just go to Best Buy or something, but no.  Still sleeping, telling her at each text that I was fixing to get up.  Not until she said they were fifteen minutes away did I finally get up asked her to get me a burger since it was going to be six and I was already technically running late.
    I ate my burger a couple minutes later while she filled me in on the shitty busses with no A/C, and Chubs showed me a bunch of pics on his phone.  I sat there eating thinking I wouldn't mind sleeping some more. 
    Wife has started feeling it too.  Normally, she stays up with me when I come home for lunch, until about midnight, then she goes to bed.  This has been our routine going on twenty years this November, but this week she has been going to sleep early.  I don't know if it is age, or just because she has been working OT on the weekends, and then she had this trip yesterday and she was at campus until 7:00pm on Tuesday.
    The really sad part of this is that it is only Wednesday, we still have a Thursday and it's looking like an OT Friday, just looking at the work getting backed up.  I need to rally and stop being such a wuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment