Sunday, February 7, 2021

2/7/21 Trying To Look At Model Homes?

     Yesterday, Wife and I went for a drive because the day was nice.  My plan was to head up north, maybe go to Bass Pro Shops or Ikea just to walk around.  As soon as we got on I-35, we were caught in gridlock, it took about five minutes to move a block so of course, I got all pissed and turned back.  We were then stuck in South Austin, so I thought maybe to head towards the Bee Caves/lake area.  While headed that way, I started seeing signs for home communities and I do like looking at model homes, so I followed them towards Dripping Springs.  We took a turn at Nutty Brown Road and then we were on the road that takes you to Salt Lick.  Before we got there, we got to where the signs for Village Builders were pointing, Parten.  This is another one of those beautiful master planned communities with large lots and houses starting in the $600,000.

    The only problem is that we are living in a pandemic and things just aren't the same.  Used to be, we could just drive up and walk through model homes with or without talking to the realtors.  Yesterday, the houses all had signs that we were supposed to call to schedule an appointment to walk through.  This just sounded like a pain in the ass.  While I was standing there typing in the phone number and making a text asking for permission Wife jiggled the front door and saw that it was open (the office is usually the garage with an office door).  We walked in, I was half expecting some uppity whit lady to come and tell us to Scoot! and get out of there, but nobody came.  Wife saw a bathroom with half a toilet roll hanging and proceeded to use it.  They usually don't allow the model homes to be used that way, but I just kept walking and looking.  The house was stunning, DD then at night was saying they installed all the doors, including the triple sliding doors that open the back patio to the inside.  The bedrooms were not especially big or anything, but the living space was very nice with ceilings maybe 10-11ft high.  We are also in "winter" but the grass was strikingly green, like a golf course, I was even thinking it might be artificial.  The house prices for two that are ready to sell and built are in the $800k range, so it isn't cheap to live there.

    We were not able to get into the other two model homes, but it is definitely a community that I would love to live at if it wasn't so far from the city and it wasn't so expensive.  There is no way for bums and that element to hang out over there, it is too far out in the middle of nowhere, I do love that but I also like being efficient and close to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment