Thursday, September 29, 2016

9/30/16 Might Be Easier If I Cut My Leg Off?

    Fudge, do I hate going to the doctor!!!  I knew I needed to go back for a check-up after seeing them last week.  My choice was basically today since on Fridays the PA that saw me is on rotation and not in that office.  Of course, to make it a little more fun, they don't do appointments on Thursdays, that would be too easy, it is only walk-ins on Thursday.  I had told Chubs that we would go at 3:45 when I picked him up, but I got up at 1:30 to go pee, and it dawned on me to go then and that way I would be done before Chubs even got out of school.  I am so naïve.
    I got there right at 2:00pm, they told me it would be about an hour and 15 minutes, that there were five people in front of me.  I said fine, but that I might need to leave to pick up my son.  They said fine, so I sat like a patient man, and luckily for me, I fell asleep pretty quickly.  I was in and out of sleep the whole time I waited.  I woke up at 3:15 and asked how much longer, she said I should be next, so I still thought "they'll just see my leg, nod and change the bandage and I'll be out."  No, the nurse removed my bandages and left for fifteen minutes.  She then came back with her bucket o' bandages and wraps and stuff.  The PA finally showed up said the cultures didn't show what she expected to be growing in my cut.  She said to stop taking antibiotics I've been taking and she gave me new stuff to target the stuff in the cultures.
    She then talked of "Wound Care", I wasn't sure if it was a brand name of gauze or an actual team of people specializing in treating wounds.  She said if she had more time, she could get in there and remove the ugly black stuff in the cut, but they don't stock morphine in that clinic.  Ugh!!, so painful I need the strong stuff?!?!  Now, I'm scared.  She said the wound care people will have stuff so it doesn't hurt, but just knowing this is not going to make for a relaxing weekend.
    She then sent me upstairs to get a full work up on my blood since I told her my family and my brother in law didn't think the glucose check was enough to remove the possibility of diabetes.  They took 8 vials of blood and made me pee in a cup.  Just give me the insulin pills already.  I guess if it walks like a diabetic, and talks like a diabetic, it must be a diabetic.  After all this song and dance, I didn't get out of there until 5:20 or so.  I didn't even get the chance to have lunch with my boys today.  I rushed home, shoved a sandwich down my throat, then pooped and showered and ran to work.  What I hoped would be less than two hours, turned into almost three and a half hours and all they did was look at the cut, that is why I don't like going to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment