Friday, September 2, 2016

9/2/16 Saggy Pants, Why?

    I went with Boy yesterday to Wendy's.  If anything, Chubs being gone is allowing me to focus more attention on Boy.  Where Chubs will talk and argue like a grownup, Boy mutters as if he is talking into a towel away from you, so it was hard conversing with him when Chubs was sitting at the same table.  It has been nice reconnecting with the Boy, specially because we have grown to be so much alike.  We like and hate a lot of similar things, so I am proud of how I have raised him.
    But on to my little rant, why do (let's face it) black men, have to do the pants under the ass routine?  If they were wearing high dollar under wear maybe I would get it, he wants to show off his Polo underwear, that's cool.  But mostly it's off white generic Fruit Of The Loom crap.  This "dude" also had on some sort of dreadlocks, so not only is he saying "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!"  He is also adding even more attention to himself.  The really weird part was that he had a kid with him, and the kid looked decent, in his little Polo shirt, I'd loose the earrings, but that is just personal taste.  Come on, be a role model for the kid, pick up your pants, you are showing up, so you already are doing 80% of the good parenting part, spending time with the kid, and feeding him.   Thinking about it, this might have been a decent dude, but why do we have to see your underwear?  Let's turn it around, would you like to turn and see my wide ass calling out your name with only some ten year old underwear protecting your eyes from seeing my ass crack and whatever it might contain? 
    A couple years ago, we were having a party and one of our friends older boy showed up, he thinks he's gangster and was sporting the underwear thing.  I had already had a couple drinks and I start to get loose and dirty when I do.  I yelled at him amongst all the other "cool guys" hovering around "if I come back and I still see your underwear showing, I promise you I will stick this (sticking my finger in the air) right in your delicious butthole.  You wanna parade around like a peacock in Big Mando's house, Big Mando might just have to show you who's house you in.  Didn't have a problem with him showing underwear anymore.
    It's a Dad's job to prevent this kind of stupid shit.  In eigth grade, Boy occasionally tried to be gangster, I'd just stop in my tracks when I would see his underwear and ask "what the fuck is going on back here?  Uhh, ummmm, was all he could muster.  "Get a fucking belt, you are not that cool."  Boy got it after a while, we've not had to revisit that scene, but I am ready for it when Chubs starts acting bigger than he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment