Wednesday, September 14, 2016

9/14/16 Chubs Is Back And Loving It?

    I got the honor of being sent to Chub's campus to register him on Friday by Wife.  After putzing around and waiting, patiently, for almost two hours, I found out he had already been registered online by Wife.  It was still alright getting an up front look at the school he will be at for the next few years.  I kind of like the designation of green for 6th grade, white for 7th grade and black for 8th grade, I didn't like worrying about whether we had the right green or not.  Luckily, when he had gone to Crystal City, he also had a color preference, but he had a choice of green, gold, and white.  We had bought him a handful of different tones of green, all will work, but the lime one, I think.  I guess the gold ones will just sit in the closet until we throw them out.  Gold is beautiful on jewelry, but a hideous color for clothing.
    Anyways, I took him in this morning and honestly I was a little excited to see him get back to where he belonged, we left a little early and I know everyone will think I just dropped him off, I did not.  We made a run by his old Elementary school and stopped to say hi to the crossing guard who has become our friend.  She saw the truck and lit up and jumped over to come and hug Chubs.  We told her he was fixing to go on his first day, and we'd say hi now and then, and continued on our way.  Even with stopping to do this for a few minutes, we were still at the new school by 7:40am.  We sat in the truck checking out the students, seeing if he knew anybody, he kept saying no. 
    At 7:55am, I decided to head in, see if we could get in the building, classes don't start until 8:20am.  We were let in promptly, and sent to talk to the counselor.  She gave him a schedule, explained block classes, and a couple other things.  I gave him a kiss and went back home.  I slept all day until my alarm rang at 3:15pm, washed my face, brushed my teeth and went to find him by 3:30pm.  I was in line waiting with the other parents, but those car lines were not moving, and then when I got in, he was nowhere to be seen.  Just when I was fixing to park and go looking for him, he said he ran into one of his buddies that has spent the night, and he was telling him that he is back, and how different it was in the other school.  He was genuinely excited after school to be in there, so that made me happy.  We had our little lunch at one of our favorite places we used to eat all the time at, Bill Miller.  Although coming out of his school and landing on William Cannon, I saw a Schlotzsky's, and a Popeye's, so we might be adding new places to eat this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment