Monday, September 26, 2016

9/26/16 Weird Lame Weekend?

    I had been looking forward to Wife being in town for a few days and it was great, but thanks to my stupid leg, we didn't do much.  I wanted to get ahead of her and decided to go see a doctor on Wednesday at an Urgent Care facility.  I may have waited too long, all the doctor could do was rub his hands together and say it is a mess, right now we have to get rid of the infection.  I was still arguing that it wasn't that bad.  The nurse was charged with the responsibility of giving me a couple shots and then scrubbing cut, which the doctor was kind enough to say it was going to hurt.  I am not a fan of shots, but if I don't look I usually don't feel them.  The tetanus shot on the arm was no big deal, but I still have a bump on the skin a few days later.  The antibiotic shot was a big needle and the nurse said it had to be on the butt, so I stood and gave her a little ass action.  The doctor said to go see a doctor as soon as possible, which left me feeling that he was passing the buck.
    Thursday, we ended up going to a different place and saw a nurse practitioner, and again she really didn't know what to say only that a second antibiotic seemed necessary.  While we are at it, take an antibacterial cream and apply it to the cut.
    Although I took Wednesday night off, nothing much happened.  Wife went to her thing Thursday and took care of her responsibilities, getting back early to check on me.  Same thing on Friday, I just putzed around the house, not wanting to go too far. 
    With the two antibiotics, I keep removing the bandages and hoping to see an improvement.  It might take a couple weeks, but as long as the cut is improving, I won't complain too much.
    It would have been nice if the Longhorns had played since Saturday night we just sat in living room looking for stuff to watch.  We ended up watching the last six episodes of Devious Maids which we had gotten behind on since we don't watch TV together nightly. 
    We did have solar girl visiting again.  Turned out that our roof had additional vents and things up there which limited the number of solar panels they could install.  Because the number was less, it changed the price of the system, which meant we had to sign a new contract.  She hung out probably another hour or two just listening to stories Wife has from her new job.  I guess Friday night was busy, because she left as Boy showed up with his crew, and they were all excited to see Wife.  Then our renter brought his girlfriend over, and she too sat and got caught up with Wife. 
    Saturday we almost went to San Antonio to visit my in-laws when Chubs reminded us he had a birthday party at one of his buddies houses, so we ended up just dropping him off, going to Charming Charlie's as Wife still had a gift card, and we ate some subs at Which 'Wich.  This is the second time I have eaten at one of these stores and they are pretty good.  We need one in Southpark Meadows.
    Sundays have always sucked and now especially so.  Wife gets up and has an urgency to get on the road.  There were storms all around us with one of the first cold fronts of the season and this rushed her even more.  We ate lunch at Rosa's Mexican Café because it is close to the house, and then she was on road by 4:30pm.  She made it home by 7:45pm, and we all went back to our normal routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment