Wednesday, September 28, 2016

9/28/16 We Need To Fly?

    Occasionally, because I am on nights, I'll pick up somebody from work at the airport.  Instead of parking there, they get a ride to there and leave their vehicle in our parking lot, when they get back, they either get a taxi or call me, if I am working that night.  I don't mind doing it, but it is a little intense at the pick up point.  Hundreds of cars are trying to lean in to the curb at just the right point to pick up their person and then disappear into the night.
    This got me thinking, we never fly anywhere.  The lady I gave a ride to has a friend in Maine she goes and visits, and a daughter in Colorado, so she flies a few times a year.  My lifting partner is in Iowa or somewhere in the middle of the US visiting his in-laws.  He too flies frequently, which again begs the question, why do some people fly all the time, and others never get around to it?
    I think I am feeling a little drained, and I blame my stupid leg, but I would love to get out of here and come back a new man.  Revitalized and refreshed.  I know that doesn't just happen overnight, but a trip is always good for the soul.  This summer when we went to Florida, we didn't go enough days, and consequently, it felt like we ran the whole time.  I love being with my family, but it was not relaxing.  I would have loved to drive to the beach, or just take a day and sit around doing nothing.  Instead, Wife was in talks for her new job up there, and it seemed to snowball the whole summer into a rush job and get her going away from us.
    At some point, I want to go to Hawaii, and that will require a flight, but that ain't happening until both boys are graduated and paying their way.  Another hindrance is that Wife does not even like the idea of flying, she would rather we drive.  Being that I like having my vehicle with me, I don't really mind driving.  This summer she even helped out to where we both drove almost 50-50.  That was just great as I wasn't completely tired and got to enjoy just sitting around for periods of time, eating junk food and relaxing.
    I think in a few years, if Wife keeps climbing the ladder and gets compensated better and better, and then we start getting the boys supporting themselves, we'll be able to enjoy being frivolous and travel just for fun.  Some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment