Thursday, August 23, 2018

8/23/18 The Last Few Days?

    It has been an interesting week, with school starting up and personally because of my birthday.  I had hoped Javalina would have gotten ahead a bit by lifting weights and he might still be ok with that once they put on pads and start bouncing against each other, but on his first day of practice, the big boy was not looking great.  He came up to me after practice all hoarse, his voice barely audible, wanted to know if I had something cool for him to drink.  I had been expecting this, Sunday we bought some cases of water and Gatorade.
    The funniest part the way he told me, but I know it was actually probably scary to him was that he was telling me after he drank the Gatorade and cooled down a bit with the A/C how the field changed color on him, but he was tough, his words.  Another kid had to go sit in the shade, but he never gave up.  Tuesday and Wednesday were much better for him, when I picked him up, he didn't look half dead and he sounded like he enjoyed his practice and even his classes, he says he likes all of them this year, so far.
    I was going to work on my birthday, but then Boy said he would grill for me, maybe some fajitas or steaks.  I said that would be great, and then I thought it would be shitty of me to just show up after they went to bed to eat this by myself, so I decided I might as well hang out.  His GF did come and bake me another German Chocolate Cake, which are just so great.  Other than his GF, Girlie stopped by, she bought me a cute little cake from the Bundt Cake store, in Lemon flavor, it was very good, Her mom showed up too, which was nice and a surprise since we haven't hardly seen her since coming back from when they left the state.  Eventually her brother and even her roommate stopped by too, which made the house seem not as quiet.  We sat around the kitchen, had some drinks, and just chit chatted until the food was ready and we ate.
    I went to bed by almost 11:00pm, very early for me.  I woke up at 5:00am and decided that this was a good day to finally start some new habits.  Instead of just getting up early and wasting time on the computer, I could get up and exercise, so I did.  I put on some tennis shoes and walked a mile on the treadmill followed by a session of lifting weights.  I managed all this before I woke up Javalina for school on Wednesday.  Later, I walked a second mile, before coming to work on Wednesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment