Friday, August 17, 2018

8/17/18 Last Weekend Before School Starts For Javalina?

    I am really surprised that Javalina listened to Wife and already flipped his schedule back to normal.  He had been staying up until I got home in the morning and then going to sleep.  I don't like this, but I would rather he sleep than pace around bored all morning/afternoon.  About all he can do at night is play some video games and watch TV, his brother isn't going to let him run around the house.  Every year it seems we have the same problem of him waiting until the final weekend and then he is surprised when he can't go to sleep at even 10:00pm.  We prefer 9:00pm, but ever since Wife went to work out of town, he has kind of fought us and just stays up until 10:00pm.  I always tell him, fine, but don't be a little bitch in the morning, get up when it's time.  He not only gets up, he gets up to his own alarm and goes and showers.  Boy still struggles to wake up on his own.
    Speaking of Boy, I finally called the hospital about the $3100 charge for him being there like 6 hours, even though we also paid for the tests they did separately.  The lady on the phone was kind enough to tell me that the actual bill was $12,000 for walking into the E/R.  I gotta call bullshit on this.  He sat on a bed, maybe they washed the sheets afterwards, why?  To add insult to injury, the E/R doc sent his bill.  Saw it in the mail late last night, which would have been another $1300 if not for insurance.  Our end is still $397 and change.  The lady at the E/R did say our end was down to $2100, which sounded almost palpable until I saw the doctor's bill.
    Boy is now 24, do we continue buying him school clothes?  At least it sounds like we have a graduation date nearby, but damn.  We have been buying him nice dress shirts so he looks good for his internship, so if anything, we might buy him a couple pants.  I don't want to think about going out of town after the last two weekends of running down south to see my family on my mom's accusations that I don't care.  We do need to rest too, Wife is also back to working a full week, so she doesn't have the long weekends she was enjoying.
    I wish we had the resources to take a last weekend trip, but at this point, it'll be nice to just hang out at the house, maybe BBQ.  If it weren't so freaking hot, I might want to venture out to the lakes, but I know that is just asking for sunburn, but maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment