Tuesday, August 21, 2018

8/21/18 47 And Counting?

    I was just going to act like today is any other day, it is, for the most part.  With Wife, my primary hoopla raiser and Javalina, also young and excitable both busy with work and school, I figured if anything, wait until the weekend to go out and eat somewhere nice.  Surprise surprise, Boy said he was willing to grill fajitas or steaks in my honor, if I wanted it.  That, and then the GF baking me one of her very delicious german chocolate cakes and I may as well stay home for my birthday.
    I know that at a certain point, we don't care about being celebrated by everyone we know, but I do like at least our little family acknowledging and going to dinner, if not at the top notch Brazilian Steakhouse, at least somewhere decent.  Wife is either a great joker saying going to watch The Meg last weekend was my birthday treat (even though I didn't even want to go, it ended up being ok), or she really sucks because it wasn't even Alamo Drafthouse where we could get some food.  We got a tub of popcorn and shared a Coke.  At least that's what she said this morning, then she conceded and said "fine, we'll go eat somewhere this weekend."  She's funny if she expects to get past this without getting me a cake, and Boy's GF's cake isn't going to count for Wife's.
    Anyways, I guess I am now 47, although I thought I was 47 most of the year last year.  It seems like we are still out of control as ever, but we have a pretty good game plan going if things can hold up for another couple years.  We are in the process of getting rid of our credit cards through a program, that is why I am still driving the Excursion and not acting like a yuppy that needs a new vehicle every other year.  We should be done in less than two more years and then we should be great financially.  Wife is working far away, but with this year, she will have three years under her belt as Director and that should make it a little easier for her to pursue other similar jobs in the area.  There are always rumors and talk of our company going under.  That would just ruin all my plans, but if it did happen, I might finally have the courage and sell the house and move to the coast.
    Both Wife and I kind of like the idea of living around Corpus Christi, if there's too much crime, then one of the surrounding island areas.  I am not sure I could live with sand in my ass crack 24/7, but there is a certain attraction I have (Wife says she digs it too) to the Gulf.  It is probably because that is the only time we both truly relax and don't concern ourselves with work.  I would like to at least wait for Javalina to finish college, figuring he is also going to one of the local colleges, to save money.
    I need to get to sleep, but the day has me excited.  It could turn out to be a dud, as some have been, but it could also be kind of cool.  Either way, being home does beat going to work, at least on this occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment