Friday, August 10, 2018

8/11/18 Friday Was Nice?

    I love a day that just flows.  I got up at 7:30am, wrote my blog for the day, then went back to bed and woke up Wife.  I was still all into the Calle13 music and woke Wife to play her a couple of tear jerkers.  She then started up like the clapping monkey with the cymbals talking about her work after I played her Los Idiotas and suggested we both have the same type of people in our midst.  I wanted her to get up so we could go look at some boats I've been looking at online, so I threatened her with "get up and shower or I'm just going to fall asleep and not do anything all day.  This got her up and moving.  I probably slept for an hour while she got ready, but I still woke up and caught up with her and we were oabut the door.
    We headed to the Ski Dock, a boat store up north, by Lakeline Mall.  I talked to one of the salesmen and he gave us a tour of one of the boats I had fallen in love with.  First off, the boat is in the low $30k range,  it measures less than 20 feet, so it will fit in our garage, it uses a jet drive, so there is no danger of a propeller, it is a center console, so it is driven standing, or at least leaning against the lean to bench.  He said sales had been brisk, even though the website showed 4-5 different boats in all sorts of lengths and options.  We looked at a couple jetskis, but as much as I like the idea of them, it would not allow my folks to join us or even other friends.  We aren't buying a boat any time soon, I just wanted to get a feel for this one, since it is exactly what I've liked since I saw them in my boat magazines.
    After this, we headed back through 620 which drives right on front of the Lake Travis dam.  I always like looking at the water, then we stopped and ate chicken in Lakeway.  After this, we headed back home around through 71 and the Y.  Wife was talking on the phone with a coworker and we almost missed our direction change, but luckily she hung up just in time.  I figured it was still early as Wife had mentioned it was tax free weekend, so we might as well go look at the shoes for Javalina.  He is such a hard boy to shop for because he always argues and pushes back.  We looked at Finish Line and found nothing, but then at Foot Locker they had some Jordans just like I had bought when I was in my junior college days.  Even my brother said he had that pair.  We got lucky, the last pair fit Javalina perfectly, I added some socks, and now he is about ready for school.
    We stopped at Dillard's, I got some shirts, he got some shorts, and Boy got a couple of pairs of shoes and shirts.  We ate Taco Bell on the way home and before you know it, I am sitting here at midnight writing this blog for tomorrow.  We will be going out of town tomorrow, so I wanted to get this out of the way.  Wife has already been asleep for an hour and change.  I need to join her, so I don't feel so cranky in the morning.  Goodnight Peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment