Saturday, November 12, 2022

11/8/22 When Life Hits The Gas Pedal? (Part 2 of 2)

     Thursday morning, I managed about one hour of sleep before I got up to get reay to take Mijo to school.  If the playoffs weren't a big enough deal this past week, he also started wrestling practice in the mornings, which mean we have to have him at school by 7:00am.  This is the practice he had me take him to school and then promptly called back to go and pick him up and bring him home.  He said he just did not feel right.  All I remember was bringing him home, telling him not to be a whiny baby, unless he really did feel sick, and let me sleep a few hours because I was still planning on going to work.

    In the background of all of this, Wife and I were talking with our families and getting confirmation that they were coming to see Mijo's last game, I still had to move furniture and somewhere go to the store to have food for when they showed up.  I never really found time to go get food from HEB and never got around to moving the bed, my mom does not like the "ghetto bed" in the living room, which is still my favorite place to hang out when it is just us.

    At the Wednesday night practice, Coach had mentioned to the parents standing around watching the team that they were going to go eat at Golden Corral on Friday around 11:30am, so I mentioned this to Wife, and she liked the idea, which we made sure we made time to attend.  Friday was its own monster with the first big cold front of the year coming and staying all day.  Both my parent's and Wife's ended up cancelling upon news that there would be hail and rain all day.  This did not even happen.  The cold front came in later than expected and had rain, but nothing crazy, except for the cold temps later on.

    We went to Academy to get Mijo something thermal he could wear under his pads and found some Under Armor long sleeve shirts.  We sat there and discussed getting one for his two close friends, then I thought of the other senior who has been playing offensive lineman in Mijo's place, and finally the two freshmen who have had to step up with all the injuries, so we took care of all the big boys, it was expensive, but it was our way of helping out.  Mijo said the boys were excited when he gave them the thermals to wear, it surprised and made their day.

    At this point, all we could do was go home for a couple hours and wait until it was time to head to Leander, to go sit in the cold.  It was so very cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment