Tuesday, November 15, 2022

11/15/22 Turning On The Heat?

     Here is a sign we are getting old, I turned on the central air heater a minute ago.  Used to be both Wife and I played like old west cowboys on who would blink first and turn it on.  She did send me a text that the house was chilly last night, as she laid in bed and Mijo and I were watching the last of Monday Night Football, but I didn't think it was that cold last night.  Sometimes, it does feel colder upstairs, compared to downstairs though.  Anyways, a coworker told me of a family in her neighborhood whose house burnt down Saturday or Sunday night, I think they lit a fire in their fireplace.  I figured, turning it on right now is better because we are all awake for another 8-10 hours and we can monitor the house or not be here while the unit goes thru a couple of heat cycles.  I know the central heating is not like a fireplace, but it does get plenty hot, and debris does collect all summer, so when it is first turned on, it always smells like a little burning.

    I looked at the forecast for the next few days and the temperature doesn't look like it will get above 60 outside, so that just means the house will not have a good reason to climb above 65, at the very least and that isn't good for any of us.  When we were younger, it didn't bother me, we used to even keep a window open in the bedroom and really let it get cold, but now, I don't think so.  Wife will still sleep without any blankets on her, although she sleeps in those goofy sleep pajamas with pants, I like a nice comforter or two on top of me when it gets cold.

    Mijo also has his gimpy ankle, so I want him to be as comfortable as possible.  It was getting toasty in here in a hurry, so I set the temp down to 69 and I think that will be good enough.  I don't mind it a little cooler than normal.  Weird, usually we get a cold front for 2-3 days and the weather warms back up, but I don't see that in the forecast for at least another week.  It's fine I guess; I like the idea of being on vacation next week and it being cold.  Maybe it lasts into December, and we get a white Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment