Monday, November 28, 2022

11/27/22 Take Another Day Off?

     Monday was a pleasant surprise, as I was driving into work, maybe a little late, it was about 1:30pm, my boss called me to not worry about coming in, and just take the day off.  I wondered for a second what that meant, and I was already about a mile or two away, so I told him I would stop by anyway and just go check in with my coworkers who I like to chat with.  Boss said our tool had gone down over the weekend and it needed to pump down for 24 hours before we could fire it up again, so even if there was work, we couldn't do anything about it.  He also said we did have one HOT job due tomorrow, but my coworker was already prepping it and we would run it tomorrow, if tool comes up and stays up.

    I went in the building and since I knew there was no rush, I went over to the cubicle area and replaced all my markers and Sharpies that I use to write and make labels.  We use Sharpies on plastic sheets, which is done on purpose to reduce contaminants, and after we just spray alcohol on plastic sheets and wipe them clean.  I have been using the same set of Sharpies and markers for at least a year and a half, so I figured it was a good time to start with new ones, especially since I just got a new lab coat.

    After taking care of this slight inconvenience, I went and found my coworker hanging out in the break room, he was just finishing his lunch.  We talked about our respective Thanksgiving breaks for about an hour, then I went over and talked to some other people trying to kill time.  There is no point to running home, Wife doesn't get home until 6:30ish and Mijo is at practice until 7:00pm.  I probably left work before 4:00pm, stopped at HEB and got some food supplies, such as some fruit and low carb bread.  I don't want to say I am going to start a diet, done that too many times, but I do want to replace all the pastries I've been eating every morning with some low carb bread toasted with peanut butter.  I loved this as a breakfast when I was doing Keto because it is relatively low in carbs yet still delicious.

    I then went home, got the mail, put away the groceries and ended up taking a nap waiting for Wife to get home so we could go pick up Mijo and whatever stragglers needed a ride.  It was a decently good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment