Tuesday, November 22, 2022

11/21/22 Still Looking For a Lazy Day To Relax?

     I "officially" am on vacation since Thursday night, although I have yet to feel like I am free to just relax.  Friday was the first wrestling tournament, which I was only at for 6-7 hours, but I still had to get up before 5:00am to get Mijo to school, then show up during the day, then go run get Wife and head back.  Saturday was more of the same, taking him back to the facility at 9:00am so he could cheer on the remaining wrestlers, then we picked him up around 3:00pm, took him to eat, where we met up with Boy and his gf.  This was pretty much our Saturday, I guess we did chill in the evening after Boy left, probably after 8:00pm.  Sunday found me getting up and going to HEB to stock up, Wife wanted tortilla soup, so she wrote don everything she might need plus I got food with the thought of Mijo entertaining friends at a sleepover, so I got him the normal rations for teenage boys staying up all night, sodas and chips.  I guess Sunday was sort of restful, although there can be too much rest, as I pretty much slept most of the day away, waking only to eat and watch Tik tok videos.

    I got up Monday thinking it would be different, but it wasn't.  I had my cup of coffee with a couple pastries, and just as I was headed to my afternoon nap at 11:00am, my boss texted if I could go and help out at work for a couple hours.  I then took a shower and headed in.  It wasn't what I wanted to do, but then again, we don't really do hard work.  I was there 3-4 hours, chatted some, did some work, then left.  I left just in time to catch Wife and Mijo with his friends at Zaxby's having lunch, so I drove over there and caught up with them.  I ate some chicken fingers, then we dropped off the boys at EVO, where they bowled and watched a movie.  We couldn't do much but wait, so we went to Central Market to get Mijo a cake for his 18th birthday, which he was sort of celebrating with his bros a day early.  After getting him a cake, we dropped off the stuff, there is always other stuff when we go to Central Market, such as cheese.

   We ended the night, for us, by waiting in the pool playing area, where we ordered some chips and salsa with a soda.  It took the boys another 30 minutes or so before they were out of the movies.  They boys were hungry, as usual, so we went to Whataburger after, out there in Kyle and ate.  On our way back, we dropped off one of the boys, but the rest came and spent the night.  He is supposed to spend his actual birthday with his gf, so even though he has his buddies at the house, at some point, they will be run out and his girl will show up, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment