Wednesday, November 2, 2022

11/1/22 Getting Close To Needing A Break?

     Too many days are blending into one lately.  I hate that football season is coming to a close, it is by far, the best time of the year, and yet, it will be nice to be off the routine of late practices every day followed by a mandatory game time either Thursday or Friday.  Mijo has been injured most of the season, so it's not like we have even enjoyed watching him play, although the team overall has been very good this year.

    Still, I can tell we all need a break, this morning, he was supposed to be up by 7:15am and ready to go, but when I noticed it was too quiet upstairs, I went and knocked on his door and he was still fast asleep.  I find it a huge pain in the butt to have these once-a-week early morning practices, which make our boy have to be at school earlier than normal.  I can dig the 8:00am wake-up for regular days but getting up at 7:00am to be ready to take him, is another story.  This is the 2nd time he has overslept, which is telling me he must be dragging butt and not able to wake up as he is supposed to.

    The good thing about this time of year is that we are coming up on a week off for Thanksgiving, in less than three weeks, and then we have our two-week vacation for Christmas, so between the two, it should be enough of a change of pace to feel normal.  Right now, all I want to do is go back to sleep, which I did yesterday, and it was good, but I was still sleepy all afternoon.  The feeling might just be because of the weather, the overcast look makes it seem cooler than it is outside.

    One of my coworkers already asked for his days around Christmas, so it seems like that time of year, to start asking for what time our family needs of us.  I am going to try and get the week of Thanksgiving, followed by the week of Christmas and then the week of New Year's, see if that idea takes this year.  Last year, they wanted me to give the options to others to take some of that time off, but in the end, I was able to take the days I wanted.

    It seems this whole year at work has been a pain in the ass, with our main customer keeping us on our toes and making us test the limits of our tool's capabilities.  Right now, they are ramping up some huge project with over 50 samples, where we might normally do 5-10 on any given day, so it is going to suck for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment