Saturday, November 5, 2022

11/4/22 I Voted?

     I kind of wanted to vote, not enough to actually go and stand out in the rain, but Wife felt more passionately about voting than me, and you know how that goes.  She forced me out the door, when all I wanted to do was babysit my brisket and wait for the boys to get out of the movies.  First off, I was glad the boys played football on Thursday, so they could enjoy a weekend of just relaxing and taking it easy.

    The next part was that Wife did not get home until after 7:00pm, so whatever thing she wanted to get done, was going to happen later at night.  The final piece to the shitty night was that we had been expecting rain all day and it hadn't rained, until she decided we should be outside with all these Austin liberals.  I went out to look at the grill around 6:00pm and it was just your normal muggy evening, but then by 7:15pm, I decided to bring my brisket in and let it rest in the oven (with oven turned off) and the wind and drizzle had kind of started.  By the time we got in the car, just before 8:00pm, it was raining hard, which I thought would either stop or dissuade her once she saw how long the line was to vote.  We drove over to Southpark Meadows in some heavy downpour, but of course, by the time we were looking for parking, it had slowed down some.  We sat in the car for a good ten minutes before I thought the rain had all but passed.  It kept drizzling on and off while we stood in line, but it really was only about 40 minutes of waiting.

    I was sure that it was some sort of illegal for representatives to be out there soliciting votes, but I guess I was wrong.  There were at least 3-4 people giving out waters, ponchos, and then pizza slices for a moment to listen to what they had to say.  Wife got a water bottle from one of them as they approached the first time, not knowing they were going to break into a soliloquy about why we should vote blue, one of the knuckleheads was still trying to convince us how hard it is to vote in Texas, because we need to show up with our ID.

    Once we got into the building, it was pretty straight forward, I hate to say I just looked for every R and voted for them but fuck Beto and everything the democrat side has become.  That ass wanted to take our guns less than 2 years ago (when running for president), then he decided he wanted to run for governor of Texas, and he forgot that part?  He can suck it a long time.  I disagree with Abbott and what he did for abortion and women's rights, but that is not enough to vote for more imbeciles in power.

No comments:

Post a Comment