Wednesday, March 6, 2024

3/6/24 What Happened to Winter?

     I know we are coming up on Spring Break next week, but I also remember there have been many times we planned or went to the coast only to be there in the middle of a cold front.  My question is what has happened to Winter?  There are a few days requiring a sweater but the last few years there is maybe one or two days that actually require a heavy jacket and I don't know if that has always been the norm, or we have entered into some weird pattern due to "El Nino."  I can't say I am mad at the weather; we are fixing to go back to Houston for another round of visits at MD Anderson, this time to get some answers as to what I have, and having nice weather makes it easier to drive in and out.

    There is always a reason for my thought, this one being since we have nice weather, I should go get the Expedition washed before we leave.  Wife got lucky, her boss has been quite cool in the past, letting her leave a little early here and there to get to our son's football games and stuff, now they told her to work from home for half a day, instead of driving to San Antonio working until noon and driving back, only to then drive to Houston in the afternoon.  It's not that Wife loves work that much, but she has a finite amount of time she can take off, so she must make the days stretch out, whenever possible and I understand.  A friend asked if she was going to pamper me after surgery, and honestly, I am not sure how much she will be able to.  We are being asked to drive up randomly for tests and consultations before the surgery even happens and that is consuming some of her days, and I'm sure the surgery will take up a few more days, so we will have to see where post-surgery leaves her at.  Luckily, I have family to come and stay with me, and plenty of friends have offered, although it would be weird to be at the beck and call of some of our newer friends when we have been the ones always out in front offering the help and stuff.  I guess I feel weird being the one that might need help, even if temporary.

    I love the idea of being able to hang out and taking it easy as being on short-term disability has offered, but it just seems to be putting off the inevitable, and the longer it waits, the louder the silence feels.  I want to be on the other side of recovery, although that is scary in itself because I've been told this will be a challenging thing I will go through.

    I guess in retrospect and the famous words of Game of Thrones, I hope that Winter is NOT Coming, I hope this ends up being an easier challenge than has been built in my head and I can get to the point of fantasizing about which Rolex I will buy on Wife's next promotion instead of the scary decisions my mind has been making in response to current events.

No comments:

Post a Comment