Saturday, March 30, 2024

3/30/24 Always Something New?

 I took my second chemo pill last night (Thursday), I thought the first one wasn't too bad.  The idea is that I need to find my dosage, they start me at what is high for this medicine, 24mg in this case, then when my blood pressure goes high, it is reduced to find something I can live with.  I took the 24mg and sure enough, my blood pressure went up, but only about 10 points on both, so the clinic coordinator talked to my endocrinologist and I was told to start the blood pressure medicine, fine.  Apparently, both my manager and my coworker both take or took this Lisinopril and they both said it's fine, not too bad on side effects.  I took my first one and my blood pressure is holding steady, now I know it's still a little high ( I had no idea what was good or bad blood pressure), but good enough for now.  After waiting around for over an hour I decided I couldn't just be a little bitch and stay home, I headed off to work.  The bottle says to beware about driving as the medicine can cause dizziness and fainting spells, but so far, I feel fine.  Work went off without a hitch, other than we just seem to have too much work, being short handed by two people now.  I still managed to come home by 7:30 pm.

    I decided to let Wife drive to go pick up Mijo in Georgetown since it is a much longer drive and sure to suck because of too much traffic at all times here, specially around downtown, man does it suck.  Anyways, the only thing I noticed is that I was cold, and as usual, when we labor too long without moving I just get sleepy, but Wife was driving, so no big deal.  We did have to laugh that like Wife doing the phantom stops with her foot when I am driving, I was doing the same thing as I thought she was not slowing down and giving us enough room in traffic.  It kind of sucks to be the passenger princess when you are used to being the driver.  Eventually, we picked up Mijo and decided to come back instead of eating up there.  I would have preferred to eat, so the food could settle down on the drive back, since it was almost 10:00 pm when we got him from campus.

    By the time we got back home, we ate and I didn't read my blood pressure until almost 11:30 pm.  I was a little worried to see not the blood pressure being high, but my heart rate being low at 53, when it has been around 68 when I wake up over the last few days.  I looked on Google, of course, and it says anything under 60 can be cause for concern, unless you are a world class athlete, which I am not.  I was hoping it was the meds and by morning I would see an improvement, but again this morning I am still in the low 50s, so at this point, I am sitting here nervously waiting for instructions on what to do.

    By 8:20 am, I started getting texts from the clinical study lady and she said it was just the meds doing what they do, hopefully the blood pressure medicine starts doing its job and normalizes me.  We went back and forth, I thought she was just focused on the blood pressure and not noticing my concern for the low heart rate.  She said it wasn't uncommon for people on the meds to go down to heart rates in the 40s and 50s, so just relax and try to get through the weekend.  She did talk to my endocrinologist, which made me feel better since she is a doctor, but all that was said is that she wanted me to get an EKG on Monday morning to make sure my heart was okay.  I guess I just woke up (Saturday morning), so I'm still here and breathing, so I will trust that I am indeed still okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment