Sunday, March 31, 2024

3/31/24 Quiet Easter Weekend?

     This will be the first Easter weekend we do not spend at my Mom's and I feel bad that we didn't go, but since I just started my new chemo drugs, and with the blood pressure medicine, it feels like too much newness to go and put myself on the road for such a long time.  Some of the side effects are feeling possible nausea, diarrhea, chills (which I have already felt), and just general tiredness.  That is from the chemo drug, the blood pressure medicine will make me possibly light headed, dizzy, I could faint, I'm not supposed to drive, and a host of other possible things.  Honestly, I have felt pretty much normal since I started the chemo, but I don't want to push it.  There are also some logistical problems to deal with.

    Since Easter is on Sunday, we would have to celebrate early because not only do we have to drive back early, it's a three hour trip, but then we have to take Mijo back to Georgetown that night because he has school on Monday morning, so we then have to think of it as a five hour drive when we add the hour from the house and the hour back from Georgetown.  Even if I didn't have the chance of diarrhea, I don't really want to be in the car five hours, only to have to go to work on Monday morning as well.  Wife is the only one that has an off day on Monday, but she is always getting her butt kicked by the traffic driving back and forth from Austin to San Antonio.

    Given that we will then be home, I had Wife run to the store on Friday and buy us some Easter goodies while I went and worked on Good Friday, again, she was off, like everyone used to be.  It was kind of a funny experience for her, going to the store.  I called her as I was leaving work and she said she had just finished at the store and was in a little shock over spending more than $500.  She was like "I did not mean to, but I had to use the credit card, I wasn't sure even how much money we had in the bank, but this just seemed like so much.  I told her that was fine, we can pay the credit card with the money from the bank on Thursday after I get paid, or we move a little money from the savings.  Spending over $200 last week on Boy's dinner at Saltgrass last week unbalanced our weekly allotment for money in our checking, not a big deal, I would have also stuck closer to $200 at HEB.  The funny part is she always gives me a hard time about spending so much on our groceries which I tell her everything has gotten more expensive, she finally felt it.  She was like "I could tell I was already over $150 just in getting toiletries and things like that before I even started getting any food".  She was a little shocked my bottle of Head and Shoulders was over $10.  At least it lasts over a month, but it is a lot.

    It was a lot, but now we have chocolate Easter stuff, which I had to sample right away, some meat to cook on Sunday, several options for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday and a bunch of fruit since I am trying to add more fruits and veggies to my daily intake.  We may be here alone on Sunday, but I think we will be okay, and at least it will not be as stressful as putting ourselves out on the road which I need while I am going through my situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment