Thursday, April 4, 2024

4/4/24 It's Gonna Be A Long RIde?

     After a couple days, I thought I had this chemo drug figured out.  My heart rate went super low, fine, blood pressure went up, no problem, I'll take not one but two blood pressure pills to bring it back down to even better than I had it before.  I was not expecting this, but when I went to get an EKG on Monday after the weird heart rate and high blood pressure, the doctor I saw prescribed a second blood pressure pill, he did not like my blood pressure, even in the 140s/90s, which I thought wasn't that bad, considering the chemo drug is known to raise it a bit.  I told the clinical study lady, who talked to my endocrinologist, and she agreed I should take the extra blood pressure pill.  I was hesitant, but after seeing a blood pressure of 119/75, what can I say?

    Other than that, I have already experienced a few days where I just felt drained, I had no strength on Monday and Tuesday, then I woke today and I felt fine, with regard to that.  Tuesday, I was also super gassy at work, I am not sure if that is from the medicine, or a side effect of me eating big bowls of oatmeal and a lot of fruit in the morning.  Either way, I also had a big bowl of oatmeal on Wednesday morning, I find it delicious even if I have never been an oatmeal kind of guy.  I wasn't as gassy on Wednesday, but I still ripped a couple when left alone at work.

    Now a new one I wasn't expecting.  I think my skin is getting super delicate.  I noticed my testicles are both rashy, maybe it's because I've been walking every day on the treadmill, but they feel raw, and that kind of sucks.  Even scarier, my scar on my leg, which I have not had any problems with in the last 6-7 years looks like it hit something and there is a little bleeding/moisture on the skin.  The skin around the scar never really healed, it stayed dark and nasty, so I don't know what it's ability to heal will be, but I am a little worried about it.  The side effects do include possible ulcers in the mouth, so maybe this is some form of that, like I said, to my knowledge, I have not hit the scar, and I do put lotion on it every day to keep skin moist and as healthy as possible.

    So far, every side effect comes and goes, I hope this heals up and goes away, but for now, I know I will have a hard time not worrying about it.  All I can do is keep going, I know this is for a finite time and won't last more than a few months, but man, it still all kind of sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment