Tuesday, April 2, 2024

4/2/24 Something Seems Afoot?

     I don't know if I tripped something in regards to my treatment, but things have changed.  Over the weekend, I got some higher than what had been normal blood pressure readings, on Friday I measured 171/94 with a heart rate of 60.  I had been more like 140/85, if I had to average the readings from before the drug.  I also noticed heart rates of 46 and 53, Thursday and Friday.  I was worried about this, but my study coordinator lady (I am in a study which allows the chemo drug to be free) was more worried about the higher than normal blood pressure.  I thought about my actions and deduced that the crap I ate Thursday and Friday probably did not help my readings.  I then took to cleaning up my act, sodium wise, and honestly, the last few readings have been much better, the last one being 132/67.

    Because of what happened over the weekend though, my endocrinologist recommended I get an ekg, to make sure my heart is okay.  I then went to Victory Medical, what I am calling my local clinic and got an ekg done today.  It showed that my heart was okay, other than the doctor/PA who talked to me said I had a heart murmur, but they are very common, and medically they are not treated.  My Mom says she has had a heart murmur since childhood, so I guess they run in the family.  This doctor did add another blood pressure pill, since he thought my reading of 144/94 there at the clinic was a tad high, even though I was explaining that the chemo drug was partly to blame.  I thanked him, I figured having something else to combat a rising blood pressure is a good thing, if I need it.  But of course, I was not going to take it unless my endocrinologist agreed with it.  I told them and she said to go ahead and add it in.

    I thought this would be the extent of things, but then I got a call for a cardiovascular consult from up there in MD Anderson.  This kind of scares, are they just being good at their jobs and covering all their bases, or did they notice more from the ekg, and now I need my heart studied better.  He scheduled a visit for April 22, I figure if it was an emergency, it wouldn't have been scheduled for three weeks from now.

    They keep telling me to try and relax and be stress free, but shit like this just kind of scares me.  I was angst-y the rest of the day and felt nausea and generally not well.  It also doesn't help that I am trying to eat healthier, but damn bland food is almost not worth eating, and I have never been one to add more salt while I'm eating or anything, but I do appreciate some flavor profiles to my meat.  We ate the rest of the chicken and fajita meat with a salad tonight.  I'm sure it was great sodium wise, but eh, I didn't even finish my plate.

    I need to talk to my clinic study lady, see if she can give me some piece of mind about the cardiac appointment, hopefully it is just another way MD Anderson is better but right now I am just nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment